The German Cartographers Day (Deutscher Kartographentag) is taking place at INTERGEO conference held in Stuttgart this week.
We will present an update on recent progress in automated cartography in a talk by Andreas Reimer and Maxim Rylov about our latest improvements in automated label placement, which have been implemented in MapSurfer.NET as published as in OpenMapSurfer.uni-hd.de.
The talk will be at Thursday Sep. 17, 15:00 in the Session on “Recent Research Topics” ( Room C6.1 )
“Aktuelle Fortschritte in der automatischen Schriftplatzierung”
Andreas Reimer & Maxim Rylov (Heidelberg University, GIScience Research Group)
(cmp. Literature *)
The GIScience Research Group can also be found during the next three days at INTERGEO at the joint booth of the GeoNet.MRN (Network Geoinformation of the Metropolitain Region Rhine-Neckar)
Halle 6 | Stand: D6.093 We are looking forward to your visit.
- Reimer, A., van Goethem, A., Rylov, M., van Kreveld, M., Speckmann, B. (2015) “A Formal Approach to the Automated Labelling of Groups of Features. ” Cartography and Geographic Information Society. (accepted) DOI: 10.1080/15230406.2015.1053986
- Rylov, M., Reimer, A. (2015) “Pairwise Line Labeling of Geographic Boundaries: An Efficient and Practical Algorithm. ” Cartographic Perspectives, 79: pp. 5-21. DOI:10.14714/CP79.1212
- Rylov, M.A., Reimer, A.W. (2014) “Improving Label Placement Quality by considering Basemap Detail with a Raster-Based Approach.” GeoInformatica. 19(3): pp. 463-486. DOI:10.1007/s10707-014-0214-6
- Rylov, M.A., Reimer, A.W. (2014) “A Practical Algorithm for the External Annotation of Area Features.” The Cartographic Journal. DOI: 10.1179/1743277414Y.0000000091.
- Rylov, M.A., Reimer, A.W. (2014) “A Comprehensive Multi-Criteria Model for High Cartographic Quality Point-Feature Label Placement.” Cartographica, 49(1): pp. 52-68. DOI:10.3138/carto.49.1.2137