Software Engineer Geoinformation Technology / OpenStreetMap
Heidelberg Institute for Geoinformation Technology (HeiGIT)
In order to promote technology transfer and applied research in the area of Geoinformatics, the Heidelberg Institute for Geoinformation Technology (HeiGIT) is currently being established with the support of the Klaus-Tschira Foundation. http://www.heigit.org. This is to be continued in the future as an independent institute. For this, we search a Software Engineer Geoinformation Technology. Depending on your experience the tasks are related to at least one of the following two areas:
A: Big Spatial Data Analytics (OSM, Social Web)
· Support designing and developing a queryable OSM Full History Geodatabase using Big Data Frameworks (Apache Ignite, Spark, Hadoop, etc.)
· Collaboration in the development of Web-based services for quality assessment and improvement of OpenStreetMap by data mining in OSM Full History data
· Development of methods and GI web services, especially for the analysis and data enrichment of heterogeneous geodata, especially from the social web, OpenStreetMap, remote sensing etc.
B: Route planning, Smart Mobility and Navigation Intelligence
· (Special) Routing with OSM, especially extensions of http://OpenRouteService.org based on Java
· Extension of the services infrastructure of various location-based services (LBS) using user-generated geodata, especially OSM.
We offer an attractive position in an interdisciplinary dynamic team in a highly dynamic growth market. HeiGIT is and will be related closely to the Department of Geoinformatics which is Member of the Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing (IWR) and the Heidelberg Center for the Environment (HCE). We offer a stimulating interdisciplinary research environment with many personal development opportunities.
We expect an above-average university degree in one of the subjects of Geoinformatics, Computer Science, Geography, Mathematics or similar. Apart from a strong team spirit, independence and high motivation, as well as excellent abilities for internal and external communication and presentation in (if possible) German and English this includes excellent competency in methodology and technology, and geoinformatics experience, especially in Web Development, either in at least one the areas of navigation, mobility & routing (Java) or in the area of Big Spatial Data Analytics with Ignite & Spark (Java) or Spatial Data Mining & Machine Learning.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible and initially limited to June 2019 with the option of sustainable extension. Please send application documents (CV, certificates, references, etc.) as soon as possible, (best before mid August 2017) to firstname.lastname@example.org