Are you passionate about automation, monitoring and the development of innovative IT infrastructures? Are you an enthusiast for open source software? And would you like to work with developers and researchers to further develop software in the field of geoinformatics from an operational perspective? We need your expertise to professionalize and fortify our IT services and server infrastructure. And all for the benefit of society and the environment!
HeiGIT gGmbH at Heidelberg University is a research-oriented, non-profit company aiming to improve the transfer of knowledge and technology from basic research into practice on the basis of innovative geoinformation technologies. HeiGIT pursues an open source, open data and open science strategy. In order to professionalize HeiGIT’s IT infrastructure and improve its open, non-profit services, which are used by thousands of users every day, we are looking for a
IT Systems Engineer (m,w,d)
to work in our Tech Ops team in Heidelberg, starting as soon as possible. The position permanent and can be filled part-time or full-time.
Various tasks await you:
- Advising and supporting all HeiGIT teams in the professional operation of their services and the use of a diverse infrastructure environment (e.g. virtual machines, standalone servers, HPC clusters, cloud infrastructure, databases)
- Administration of Linux servers
- Configuration, implementation and maintenance of central services (e.g. GitLab, RocketChat, Confluence, Data Lake, easy-to-use PaaS)
- Participating in the creation and maintenance of monitoring and backup strategies
- Collaborating in the development of a green, sustainable computing strategy
- Development and implementation of a Linux client management solution
Ideally you have:
- A university degree in computer science or a comparable field or
- Several years of work experience in IT system administration, ideally in a modern environment
- Experience in the management and administration of Linux servers (ideally Ubuntu)
- Experience with technologies such as:
- Monitoring and analytics (Grafana, Prometheus, Graylog)
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Scripting languages (Ansible, Bash, Python)
- Web server/web services (Apache, nginx)
- Very good skills in German and English, both apoken and written
- Initiative, independent working style and flexibility in dealing with new projects and information
- A good feel for established and new tools and working methods in the DevOps and server environment
What we offer:
- An attractive, permanent position (100%, part-time if desired) in an open and interdisciplinary team with many opportunities for personal development
- A position at the interface between research and real societal impact, promoting a better society and environment
- Creative and strategic decision-making with room to maneuver in a small team
- Flexible working hours and 30 vacation days
- The opportunity to work flexibly according to location
- Extensive benefits, such as a company pension scheme, job ticket, job bike and additional health insurance
Please send your application with CV, certificates, references, etc. as soon as possible by e-mail to Maria Martin, email@example.com.
We stand for equal opportunities and welcome all people regardless of age, origin, gender, sexual identity, religion or disability.
Please note our data protection information for applicants.