we at HeiGIT are currently looking for a student assistant for our QGIS Training Platform for Humanitarian Aid and Disaster Response. Your Tasks will mostly be to create and manage training materials for QGIS Trainings for Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies based on existing materials, video editing of short clips for the wiki of the training platform and supporting QGIS Trainings and Train of Trainer (ToT) trainings for international Red Cross and Red Crescent staff.
Other humanitarian aid-related tasks may also be part of your job.
The main working language will be English.
Expertise (may be beneficial but is not a requirement):
- Experience with or interest in training and teaching (in an international context)
- Experience in preparing training materials
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Basic QGIS-skills
- Flexibility and independence
- Experience or interest in humanitarian aid, disaster management or Red Cross/ Red Crescent Movement (optional)
- Intercultural experience, such as traveling or volunteer services (optional)
- Flexible working hours (40 hours/months or more)
- Creative work
- Insights into working with GIS applications in humanitarian aid
- University-related work for a charitable purpose
Please contact Alec Schulze-Eckel via Alec.Schulze-Eckel@heigit.org. We are looking forward to your application.