The GIScience Research Group at Heidelberg University is offering a position as senior researcher or Postdoc (100%, TVL) in Geoinformatics. The candidate shall contribute to at least one of our related projects such as http://www.geog.uni-heidelberg.de/gis/wegovnow.html (EU HORIZON2020) or http://www.geog.uni-heidelberg.de/gis/land_sense.html (EU HORIZON2020), http://www.geog.uni-heidelberg.de/gis/cap4access_en.html or from national agencies (DFG et al), e.g. http://www.geog.uni-heidelberg.de/gis/dfg_en.html or http://www.geog.uni-heidelberg.de/gis/crowd_fda_en.html etc. Further we support in developing independent research.
The relevant topics include at least one of the areas given below (different foci are possible).
- Design and development of new methods and tools to investigate and improve the quality and suitability of geographic information, esp. wrt Crowdsouring/VGI/OSM
- Design and development of new methods and tools for combining, integration and enrichment of heterogeneous sources of spatial data, in particular VGI/OSM & Location-based Social Media
- Data Mining in VGI, esp. OSM and Location-based Social Media / Networks
- Machine Learning and Data Fusion in VGI/OSM and Location-based Social Media / Networks
- Geocomputation, Agent-Based Modeling and Spatial Statistics wrt VGI
- Location Based Services (LBS) & Navigation with VGI/OSM (Special Needs, Indoor/Outdoor etc.)
We offer an attractive job in an interdisciplinary dynamic team with excellent possibilities for research and further qualification. The Chair of GIScience is also member in the Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing (IWR) and Heidelberg Center for the Environment (HCE). The University of Excellence Heidelberg belongs to the internationally top ranked universities and offers an especially stimulating research environment.
We expect a PhD in either Geoinformatics, Geography, Computer Science or related fields, as well as profound research experience, technical and methodological expertise in Geoinformatics / GIScience, paired with the ability for independent scientific work and the acquisition of third party funding, as well as teamwork and leadership.
The position is initially funded for up to 3 years with options for further extension. Please apply as soon as possible with the relevant information (cv, grades, papers, references etc.) electronically to email@example.com – preferably before end of April. Payment is according to official schemes (TV-L).
GIScience job opportunites: http://www.geog.uni-heidelberg.de/institut/jobs_en.html